Do you hear voices? I hear voices.
Of course they're inside my head.
No, not like that.
Did you know that stress induces heightened senses?
Did you know that our senses have two limit sets?
In a standard human eye, the focus resolution of the lenses is precisely the size of the receptor neurons. The eye may have evolved--I don't think so, but I can't prove it--but every variety of eye seen in nature has this character. Similar limits apply to the other four senses; sight is just the most complex.
The second limit set is in the mind. Hearing is the best example of this; the logarithmic amplification curve that the ear uses to linearize physical stress is modifiable at both ends by mental examination. Translation: you hear literally everything, but it doesn't register. Stress will increase the range you can hear, and help you recognize patterns in the noise.
Fascinating, eh? Try it sometime. It only takes about six months of living in a yellow-plus state of alertness to notice a difference.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment